BHT&D Certified Public Accountants Blog

Which Education and Tuition Tax Credits Am I Eligible For?

Posted by John Mellstead on Mon, Aug 01, 2016 @ 07:00 AM

If you, your spouse, or a dependent on your tax return is currently attending school, you may be eligible for an education tax credit. The two tax credits that may be available are the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. 

These credits can be used on your federal tax return to help offset the financial burden of attaining a higher education.

Read More

Tags: Tax Deductions, Tax Credit, Education