BHT&D CPAs is an established and respected CPA firm who takes pride in providing high-level accounting services to West Michigan individuals and organizations. We are always looking for qualified candidates with a strong desire to excel in the public accounting industry. Accounting students, recent college graduates on the CPA track, and experienced accountants looking for a career with a family-friendly organization are ideal candidates for BHT&D CPAs.
ACTIVE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
BHT&D, a leading West Michigan accounting firm, seeks a full-time Senior Accountant for its Saranac office. As a senior accountant, you will participate in client engagements such as individual tax planning and preparation, moderately complex business tax returns, and financial statement compilations and reviews.
- Experience – You offer 2 to 5 years of prior experience preparing individual and business tax returns. Additional experience preparing business financial statements is a plus.
- Certification – You either hold a current CPA license or are actively pursuing CPA licensure.
- Technology – You have experience using QuickBooks and tax preparation software such as ProSystem fx and UltraTax. You are comfortable using Microsoft Office apps and coordinating with clients to exchange digital documents through cloud-based portals.
- Communication – You have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to research complex subjects and communicate your conclusions with clarity and concision.
- Self-management – You have a proven ability to work independently, set and achieve clear goals, and manage personal time and responsibilities to meet external deadlines.
BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits – We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also offer health and life insurance benefits, a generous 401(K) plan, a full PTO package (including vacation, personal, and holiday time), firm reimbursement of professional and education expenses, and other benefits such as a tax season meal allowance and firm outings.
- Career Growth – You will work with a variety of clients in multiple industries, and we will challenge you to progress in your career in order to pursue future management and partnership opportunities within the firm.
- Family-Friendly Culture – We foster a close-knit, family-friendly work environment. We host regular firm outings and events throughout the year for both you and your family. You can expect minimal travel with no overnight travel.
- Flexible Scheduling – We offer a flexible 4-day summer work week plus year-round flexible work hours. We also support remote work options to supplement our in-office processes.
Tax Preparer/Accountant – 2021 Tax Season
Opportunity available for a tax preparer experienced in preparing individual and business tax returns. Accounting and bookkeeping experience desired. This is a full-time, seasonal opportunity for the period January 1 through April 30, 2021. Potential full-time, permanent position after April 30, 2021.
BHT&D CPAs is a well-established Certified Public Accounting Firm with offices in Ada and Saranac, Michigan, easily accessed from M-21 or I-96. Work location could be either office as needed. We provide a comfortable, family-friendly work environment with a focus on quality and service.
Begin your application process with the brief form on this page.
Working at BHT&D CPAs
"Early on, we purposely involve each new employee in many different areas across a wide variety of industries. Your path allows you to master your current skills while introducing new skills at the appropriate pace. Over the years as we identify your strengths and areas of expertise, we allow for greater emphasis in those areas. Because of the broad range of knowledge obtained in the early years, you are then able to address a wider range of business concerns for our clients."