BHT&D CPAs is an established and respected CPA firm who takes pride in providing high-level accounting services to West Michigan individuals and organizations. We are always looking for qualified candidates with a strong desire to excel in the public accounting industry. Accounting students, recent college graduates on the CPA track, and experienced accountants looking for a career with a family-friendly organization are ideal candidates for BHT&D CPAs. Staff work at one of or split time between our two locations, Saranac and Ada, MI.
ACTIVE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
Senior/Manager Level CPA
Position available for a highly motivated accountant with 3+ years of experience in public accounting. Accountant would work at one of or split time between our two locations, Saranac and Ada, MI. Our ideal candidate is looking for advancement, a long-term career in public accounting, and will have future partnership aspirations. Opportunity to participate in client engagements such as individual tax planning, preparation of moderately complex business returns, and financial statement compilations and reviews.
Potential signing bonus for the right candidate.
Competitive salary, generous retirement plan, appreciation for work/life balance, and career advancement opportunities are a few of the excellent benefits BHT&D CPAs shares with associates at our firm. An ideal candidate has future partnership aspirations.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
- Must be a CPA or in the process of sitting for the CPA exam.
- Experience with individual and business taxation, preparation of financial statements, and use of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks software.
- Ability to work independently, set clear goals, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Desire to manage client work and supervise other accountants.
- Motivated to establish strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Payroll processing and tax reporting experience are a plus.
BHT&D CPAs has an opening for a full-time accountant with experience in payroll processing and preparation of financial statements. Position involves processing multiple client payroll services on a weekly basis. Tasks include employee setup, employee time input, generation of payroll checks and related benefit and tax liability payments, monthly, quarterly, and annual employer tax reporting, including W2s and 1099s. Knowledge of general ledger entries related to payroll, benefits and tax liabilities is required.
Ideal candidate would:
- Have an associate's degree in accounting or equivalent experience with business chart of accounts, financial statements, and journal entries.
- Have experience setting up new employee profiles, processing live and after-the-fact payroll, filing payroll tax returns, and creating related journal entries for clients.
- Have experience using both Desktop and Online QuickBooks. Tasks will include gathering and posting information to generate client financial reports.
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and possess an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Prior experience working at a CPA firm is a plus.
Above average wages/benefits, a flexible work schedule, and career advancement opportunities are great perks at BHT&D CPAs.
Begin your application process with the brief form on this page.
Working at BHT&D CPAs
"Early on, we purposely involve each new employee in many different areas across a wide variety of industries. Your path allows you to master your current skills while introducing new skills at the appropriate pace. Over the years as we identify your strengths and areas of expertise, we allow for greater emphasis in those areas. Because of the broad range of knowledge obtained in the early years, you are then able to address a wider range of business concerns for our clients."
Andrew Holesinger, an accountant, discusses his experience working at BHT&D CPAs in this video: